Technical Information & Install Guides
Solar Limpets are warranted for the life of the system they support, subject to the following conditions:
- The hands on installer has undergone Solar Limpet training for that roof covering type, and is certificated as competent.
- Solar Limpet training, associated guides and installation instructions have been complied with in full.
- The roof was surveyed prior to installation as suitable for Solar PV installation.
- MCS Certificate
- Solar Limpets PVC Compound Product data sheet
- C.T.1 Technical data sheet
- C.T.1 Manufacturers Guarantee
- STPE White paper (Relevant to CT1)
- PMJ Screw fixing type 7641 6.5 Data Sheet
- BBA Wind Uplift Test Results
- Structural Survey Test Results
- Tile Install Guide
- Slate Install Guide
- BRE Digest – Wind loads on roof based photovoltaic systems
All downloads are in PDF format.
The following videos provide a basic illustration of the methods applied for both slate and Rosemary type tile installations. They are for general information and not intended as comprehensive installation instructions.
Solar Limpets are adaptable to suit numerous roof type constructions, plus the differing types of slate and Rosemary type tiles currently in use in the UK. They comply with the current MCS certification requirements for both slate and Rosemary tile application.
Detailed installation instructions to cater for the various types of slate and Rosemary type tile installs you may encounter are covered during the mandatory and certificated on-site training we provide. Additional installation instructions to cater for similar and alternative roof coverings, eg Felt, rubberised, interlocking pantiles, Stone slate, Cambrian interlocking slate tiles and Hardrow slate and tiles, is available for the use of Solar Limpet certificated installers.
An install guide for the information of trained installers is included with every box of Solar Limpets supplied.